Thursday, July 2, 2009

i was on FB and...

i saw an article on women and what i usually do is that i use it to compare me and my life and if i am living up to the expectation of the ideal woman...

"A woman can love a man without losing herself"

This stuck with me. when i was in college, i used to tell my gals that i did not want to love a man so much that i disappeared, just ceased to exist because his personality was just so much larger than mine or because he was not in support of my vision...

In my past r/ships i have not been too lucky, i have been abused, coveted like a prize and competed for. A r/ship does not complete and cannot fulfil me so what kind of man am i looking for?

i have a list o. I have met many possibles o, its just that i think i am a bit too indecisive.

so this is the complete article:

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
Enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own, even if she never wants to or needs to.
(i totally agree. even though my parents won't let me get a place until i hook up and have a ring on my finger)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
Something perfect to wear if the date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour.
(i love baffs o, dresses, shoes, accessories and all the works)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
A youth she's content to leave behind.
(yeah, even though i lost my childhood pretty early, no truth, i did not want to grow up, there's nothing like pocket money until you start earning your own money )

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
A past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it in her old age.
(i don't have a juicy past, its pretty ordinary apart from some drama)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
One friend who always makes her laugh... and one who lets her cry.
(yes, boom boom and another ade, love them both and they are female)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE....
A good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family.
(my make up seat, i read a book once about a lady who had an antique Louis the fourteenth seat, the French king was reputed to have bought it for his mistress)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
Eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a meal, that will make her guests feel honored.
(not too domestic, just love exotic food)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
A feeling of control over her destiny.
(we don't always have this. I depend on the Holy Ghost)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
How to fall in love without losing herself.
(reminds me of this movie where the heroine in "a destiny of her own" was not rich enough to marry the crown prince so she became his mistress for life. i could do this in another life and not be bothered if i was not xtian. now all i am concerned about is pleasing God)


EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
How to quit a job, break up with a lover, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
(i don't have these skills o, i can leave a job i don't enjoy one-time, i have never had the practice of breaking up with someone i love, i won't even let the guy come close, i don't know how to confront a friend, i have been blessed with good friends and i now know how to avoid the bad ones)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
When to try harder and when to walk away.
(I listen for the voice of the Holy Ghost), God has not given me a difficult life, in my life, it has always been cut and dried, i never had to fight for anything and i don't know if its a skill i want to imitate. If i had to fight for something though, i would win)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
That she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents.
(Amazing enough, once i got born again, i loved all of me including my hair, my ex was addicted to kissing my nose, i don't know what he liked in it)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
That her childhood may not have been perfect...but it’s over.
(yes o, my late teenage years were not it, my childhood wasn't perfect but it was fun)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
What she would and wouldn't do for love.
(i can make sacrifices, love like i am not afraid. Anyone i love will be blessed so much that i would do all i could to make that one happy and enjoy doing it. i would never compete for love, i would rather love and let go and never stop loving, thats moi, i am romantic and sometimes unreasonable. Let me just say that when i love, i love with all of me and will not intentionally do anyone i love harm, Serene smile)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
How to live alone... even if she doesn't like it.
(i have the ability to)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
Whom she can trust, whom she can't, and why she shouldn't take it personally.
(wish i had learnt this on time)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
Where to go... be it to her best friend's kitchen table... or a charming inn in the woods... whenever her soul needs soothing.
(i worship or call my friends, my close friends and just gist)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
What she can and can't accomplish in a day... a month...and a year.
(yep, i enjoy pushing boundaries though knowing impossibilities are a myth; the one to make it possible just had not been born yet, there is always a way)

Hi y'll this is moi

No comments: